Here is my second attempt at an inspired by antique dolls painted doll. I put a bead between the stuffing of her head and the fabric of her head, in nose position, to give a tiny little shape to the nose area.
The apron is a part of a thrifted pillow case with really nice cross stitch. I made the apron with a lining of the same fabric, so that I didn’t have to hem all those curves. Just put the right sides together, sewed around, turned, and then top stitched closed.
Here she is with doll the first. I like doll the second better- she has a sweet face
And here’s a little sailor guy that blew in from ebay. More about him, later