Here is a Singer 66, made in 1915, before I cleaned it with Goop hand cleaner (pumice free version), Maas metal polish, and sewing machine oil. Sewing machine oil does not damage decals, so the Goop was the first wave, then finishing up with oil. I use little scraps of cotton quilt batting to clean with.
Here it is, after. This of course, is the opposite side, but I assure you the filth was spread uniformly. There was also a wee fossilized mouse in the pillar of the machine.
Here is my Little Plastic Bricks quilt, before.
Here it is after. It really needed a fourth column of blocks, but I had just re- folded everything and was loathe to start cutting again. Strips were 2.5 inches, chopped into bricks, sewn back together and then that long strip sewn to itself. I used the mechanical randomizer, AKA the clothes dryer, to mix the bricks after they were cut. Thanks to John G. for that term!
Below is a close up with the little prairie points I added because it seemed dull over there. Have to wait a while to quilt it- I’m broke and I need batting, so that slows things down. Maybe next month.